Wednesday, April 14, 2010


Adiós Betty le Fea

When it rains...

... it pours...

If you remember, back on April 1st I posted about an adorable little pug named Casey who is very ill, with a Liver-Shunt; the very disease that we feared for a time Santi might have been suffering from. Well she is in desperate need of surgery to safe her life, but this doesn't come cheap and it costs $4000+ As she is a dog at the SPCA (being fostered at the moment by my friend Kristina) the money is hard to come by... she has no Doggy-Daddy or Mommy to claim her and cover her fees.

Well up to this morning $1400 was raised. Then this evening a very wonderful woman in BC named Erin Bessette, an animal lover and a Pug owner herself, donated the remaining $2600 !!!

How amazing is that!

So, yes, today is a very wonderful day for doggies here in Mtl... Santi's mouth, while having a little more room for his tongue... AND food, will be very much happier without loose wiggly teeth, infections and rotting teeth and NOW... fresh breath and SUPER CLEAN TEETH... but too, a sweet little dog who deserves a chance at a happy life, Casey the Pug, will now get that chance.

I've got a tough little pup!

As I type this, Santiago is asleep on my lap, in bed...

The Dental Surgery today was a success... 11 incisors were removed and 2 pre-molars. It appears as though the 12th incisor fell out sometime in the past 2 weeks... (That's just how bad things in his wee mouth were) Those that remained got a proper cleaning and within 15 minutes of the procedures being completed, he woke up and much to the Vet's amazement was hell bent on standing up and walking around.

He's of course on pain meds and antibiotics for the next little while; soft food and no chews... My only concern is no fetch for the next two weeks. Honestly I am already pre-emptively afraid for my life... Santi lives for Fetch and fetch alone....

Thanks to all for your kind words, prayers and positive energy. Any time a dog as small as Santi must be put under for a procedure, there's a risk. He's only 3.5 lbs... it's a very fine line to be walked, but as with his de-peanutization last March, he came through with flying colours.

... and dream of teeth...

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Here we go again...

With the all clear from the Vet last Tuesday we now have the green light for Santiago's Dental Surgery. So, tomorrow morning I drop the wee buggar off at the Vets for the Extractions and Cleaning, and then pick him up on my way home.

As ever I come to you asking for your prayers, positive energy and quick healing vibes. Think of the wee one tomorrow around 2 pm. Please and thank you.

This Shit is Bananas

B - A - N - A - N - A - S !

Oh this is rich! Especally when you focus on the fact that it comes from a bunch of men in a culture of 2000 years of cross dressing! How easy it is for the Vatican to place the blame elsewhere... and better still on one of their favourite targets. Seriously, this makes me fucking sick! Do they have any concept of... just how phenominally stupid they continue to make themselves look?!?!

"Homosexuality to blame for sex abuse": Vatican cardinal

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

There's a glimmer of light...

Well this is better, some positive news...

Home from the Vets. Ultrasound shows nuthin! Nada! Zip!

The Vet there says to hold off on the Biopsy for the moment and do more blood work to compare the results from the first two sets.

I talk to Santi's regular Vet demain to see where we go from here but for sure, no Liver Shunt, no inflammation, no abnormal shape or size...

It's true it could still be something internal that does not show, however with more specific blood tests this could be detected, and the Vet at the hospital tonight said there's really no reason to postpone the teeth extraction any further...

We'll see what the Vet says in the morning.

Thanks to all for your continued positivity.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter

From me and the wee Beastie

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Reports from a Frantic Doggie Daddy - 3

We have an Appointment on Tuesday Evening for the Ultrasound and Biopsy and then we go from there...

This weekend is all about the little stink mouth... spoil spoil spoil... so pretty much business as usual.

Hey... Anyone got $600 kicking around that they don't need? :-)

Reports from a Frantic Doggie Daddy - 2

Just got a call from the Vet. There will be no surgery today. The blood tests came back and there is definitely something amiss with his liver that precludes them from administering any anesthetic. High Bile Acids and Liver Enzymes.

I have to take him to a specialist for an ultrasound and a biopsy on some liver tissue before they will proceed.

This is not entirely bad news, but it’s not good.

I pick him up tonight and take him home… stinky breath, teeth and all. And play fetch with him til one of us passes out… I’m putting money on my passing out first… you’d be wise to do the same.

Reports from a Frantic Doggie Daddy - 1

Well, we didn’t get much sleep last night…. Ok *I* didn’t get much sleep, he slept like his usual log-self.

We got up early nice and early (6:30)l he kept doing was going over to his food dish… or where a food dish would be…then looking at all “WTF? Where’s my food dude?!”

We got dressed, me in jeans and a grey polo (thank god for Casual Fridays…Especially on a Thursday), he in his Orange Wouppie Groovy shirt from BHV-La Niche in Paris. (It’s very important to look your best at all times!) We arrived a bit early and did a little walk around the Vets and dropped off a little new here and a little bomb there…

They opened the doors at 9 and we went inside. He was soon whisked off for his first blood test and then came running back onto my lap. 10 Mins later they gave him a Tbs of food which he inhaled faster than either Chachi or Flea could ever try… And then a quick re-cap of recent health effects, a weigh in tipping the scales at 1.6 kg and his temperature (normal) And a few signatures later He was taken to the back. I signed a few papers and that was it.

By now he’s had his second batch of blood work and those have been sent off to the lad. I should hear back about the results by 2 pm, at which point I’ll update y’all again

So far, so good.

Thanks for all your support and love… and for now I ask ya to think happy thoughts and send ‘em to Santi.

More soon…

Hey Brothers (and Sisters) can you spare a dime?

Before I take Santi in for his Blood Tests and Dental work today I'm calling the SPCA to donate...

(click the image to read how you can help)

I'm fortunate enough to be able to have support and take care of my Santi, but Casey is in far more dire straights and can use your help. While I'm only asking for your positive thoughts for Santiago, I'm asking that you donate to help Casey.

White Rabbits

White Wild Kindom Rabbits
White Wild Kindom Rabbits
White Wild Kindom Rabbits