Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bon appetit!


Last night, Pinky took me out for dinner to celebrate my upcoming Birthday (March 8th) He took me to L'Express on St-Denis. It's a rather wonderful and traditional French Bistro.

Dinner was DIVINE!

He had the Mousse de Foie de Volaille et Pistache and I had the Chèvre Chaud for starters. the Mousse was TO - DIE - FOR!

For main course he had the Confit du Canard, and I had the Pot au feu. OMG! DEEEEELISH!

Of course all was served with exquisite baguette and the most sour and divine cornichons, I think we ate a 1/4 of the jar.

All was washed down with the most luscious Barollo 2005. Dry, and satisfying.

We declined a coffee (although it's wonderful there) and dessert, and chose to take a stroll on St-Denis for 20 mins and then return just a couple doors up from L'Express, to Suite 88.

Suite 88... my most favourite Chocolatière (in Canada). For dessert we had Chocolat Chaud. His à la vanille; mine, avec fleur du sel. Both decadent and luscious and ever so good. He also bought me two boxes of my favourites... Aiguillettes à l'Orange and Cerises à l'Eau de Vie... neither of which will be opened until my birthday, at which point we will induldge with a glass of Pommery.

Such a lovely evening.

Thank you Pinky.

SNORK!

1 comment:

Leo said...

I have NO idea what you had for dinner, but I'm glad you had a good night! ;) peace