Saturday, November 24, 2007

Spurs...

It's Saturday night, and N@ invited the crème de la crème de la crème of Montréal society to partake in her 35th birthday spec-tac-u-lair at Spurs bar (On St-Jacques West, just after the McDo, near the 20 on-ramp)! FINALLY... a reason to wear my Country & Western Leopard print shirt!



It's a classy joint, Spurs but more on that later*...
It's all about N@ and her 35th birthday. Shut Up, I know... How does she continue to look sooooo young at her age. It's a mystery.

Here's the Birthday cow girl and yours truly... with aforementioned C&W leopard print shirt. (You think I'd make that up?!?!)


N@, Ma Horton and moi...



Dider, Ma, Me and N@...


After a few drinks... Spartacus, er, I mean Hugh Jass made an appearance...

"I am Hugh Jass"...


"NO! I am Hugh Jass"...


"NO! I am Hugh Jass"...


And what would any Birthday Shin-dig in a Honky-Tonk be without some two steppin'?!!?

DANCING WITH THE STARS!!!!!

THIRD PLACE...
M@ and her nibblet-in-law...


SECOND PLACE...
Moi et Ma...


and FIRST PLACE...
Didier and MA...


HONOURABLE MENTION...
Ma and N@...

DISQUALIFIED...
A Playah and his womens...



After all the dancin' we got down to business... Apparently Dawn (N@ 's sister) has freakishly strong upper arm strength... and she likes to flaunt it. She took on many a challenger...

IT STARTS!...

It continues...

...and ends in a draw...

And then I am challenged...


...For the record, it too was a draw. I'm telling you she's uber-strong... (there's something in the water up in Timmins I think) Check out how red my face is and the beads of perspiration on my forehead. At one point Dawn was all like "Let's draw. Let's draw..." and I was all like "NEEEEEEEEVVVVVERRRRRRR! But then I'm a gentleman and allowed her some dignity. HEH!
And then M@ put me in my place...

Dawn, it seems was not not happy with the draw on Arm Wrestling and so challenged me to a thumb wrestle.. She won the Right hand, I won the Left hand.
Hey Dawn... competitive much?! ;-)

And if all that joy and festivity weren't enough, Mark Bergman brought in a an over-sized cowboy hat...

Moi...

It's Black Jacques Shellac...


Dawn...


The Sherriff and Ma...



Napoleon...

...Needless to say a great time was had by all.

Happy 35th Birthday N@... may you have 35 more! (heh)

- - - - -

* and now back to the Spur itself... This is one. Classy. Joint.

When Didier and I arrived at Spurs at 9:00pm , aside from the bouncer, bartender, waitress and the 'band' (the music was tragic! oh my gowd! Thank god for the juke box!) we were the only ones there... After about 5 minutes, I started hearing the music from 'Deliverance' Fortunately for us both, soon N@ and family arrived and then more and more of N@ 's friends arrived.

Through the course of the evening we realized just how special a joint Spurs really is.

1) The bartender ain't so friendly, but she is, a self professed cowgirl that wanted my shirt... and I'm sure if I wasn't in such a large group of people she'd of had Bounder take it from me.

2) In the Men's Room, oh, I'm sorry... the Cowboy's Room, the decor was how shall I put it.. Bare Minimum to meet Health Inspection Regulations... Instead of, oh, I dunno, cleaning the tiles on the wall and the grout between them some cowboy Einstein got the brilliant idea to PAINT over the grout... Nice. Couldn't even stay in between the lines, or is that tiles...


And ...
3) On the ceiling of the 'Cowboy's Room' was a closed circuit Camera... Isn't that illegal?! Well at any rate I gave em a show... I guess it's only a matter of time before you see me and little Kitty on You Tube...



N@, We've decided... (Me, Didier and Valerie) that next year we have your party in a Leather Bar... I've already got ass-less chaps... so I'm ready to go! :-)

Oh and if I've forgotten to say it...

HAPPY 35th BIRTHDAY N@!!!!!

11 comments:

Jerome said...

1. N@'s Hugh Jass picture makes me love her a bit from afar.

2. You chose to criticize the presence of a closed circuit camera in the bathroom by taking a few pictures. In the bathroom. Hmmm. Me thinks thou art ironic.

John Mielke Photography said...

1) Happy birthday N@
2) GREAT coverage of the night Kitty!
3) Gimme back my damn hat!

Milky

Sean Newbury said...

@ Jerome...
1) N@ is the kwelest of the Kewl...
2) Hello I mentioned I gave em a show too...

...and I'm sure it's not there 'cause some handsome man in leopard print decided to document the fabulous paint job... of the GROUT. Helloe?!?!? there was a camera above the URINALS!!! Sure question why I was in the place, but don't question my outrage about the camera!

@ Milky...
2) Twas a fantastic time. The time passed faster than Brittney's and Lindsey's sobriety...
3) yer gonna have to fight The Berg-man for it.

Jerome said...

No, no. I question why you wre in the bathroom with a camera.

I AM amused that you decided to put on a show, in any case. Ha!

Bruno Laliberté said...

i don't know N@t, but happy belated B'day!!
as 4 Spurs, i thought who were being ironic, at the beginning, & was not disappointed in your evaluation of the place. that's the kind of place that's just a tad outside my comfort zone...
but as long as everyone had a good time, that's all that matters!! i personally just wouldn't show up there alone or with just one friend... you know...
:)~

Sean Newbury said...

Jerome... Well if they're getting you on camera, you want it to be flattering no? ;-)

TB... Once the others arrived it was fine... but until then YIKES! When N@ got there I swear I ran over hugged her and didn't want to let go.. LOL

N@ Lauzon said...

HEY!! I AM 35!!!!! haaaaahhheeeee!!! SPURS is the best WORST place ever - and that's why I love it! I am a northern Ontario girl and am genetically predisposed to loving dives. LOVE. DIVES. LOVE!!! Cheesy funny things always happen at dives, and you always gots a story to tell afterwards. Shawn - awesome pics. I am SOOO happy you guys came. Me, Dawn and Ma talked about how much we loved hanging out with you two. Okay - Didier is the sweetest ever. And you are the sweetest ever. THANK YOU! I cracked open my new footwear the very next morning.

I had a total BEE-LAST!! Thank you for being a part of it! xoxo!

Sean Newbury said...

(singing) "You're a big girl now!"

you know, you really DO look great... for 35!

Spurs was a hoot, for sure! I can see why you lurv it... in a sick sorta way I felt at home as well... of course I blame the parentals and 21 years of listening to their C&W and Bluegrass for that!

And yea... Didier is a total charmer... but then that's the Frenchman in him. ;-) He's my Shipoopi. I am damn lucky to have him in my life! :-)

Your family units are great. So glad to have met Ma and Dawn (and Corn again).... won't NGB and Maria be jealous!

... maybe they can come to my birthday party in March... I gots me a Sat birthday this year... Ain't they the best?!?! Lurv 'em!

I'm thinking bowling alley... What says "Happy Birthday!" more than lysol misted rental shoes, smelly bowling ball holes, cheap draft and poutine?!

Glad the slippers were such a hit... It was only after you're opening them that I focused on the WHITE RABBITS, WHITE RABBITSness of them... (it was either that or Kitties.... I think I made the right choice!)

And how is your pony doing? HEH Make sure you crack the plastic open a bit so he can breath...

JB said...

Nat - You're now officially older than my wife. ;-)
Of course, you were last year at this time, and the year before, etc.
...but 35 is just one of those numbers, you know?
Happy Birthday again!

MK, great shots...and I'm with you on the camera-over-the-urinals thing. That's just creepy. I don't think I'll be wantin' to see your show anytime soon on You Tube, though. Hope you understand.
;-)

Ma, your daughters are certainly lovely, no disrespect...but you, my dear, are an absolute babe. That picture of you beating Shawn at arm wrestling? You're hot! :-)

Bob said...

N@/Gnat/Natalie/Hugh:
Belated happy birthday. I hope Ma delivered my card.
Does the par-tay and Ma's first-place finish with Didz officially make her a hag?

Love and hugs from Dubai,
NGB

P.S. Thirty-five? I have clothes older than you.

P.P.S. Give Milky back the hat, so he can return it to me. He borrowed it eons ago, the big bee-atch.

Sean Newbury said...

Oh my.. Hmmm, Ma... Me and Didz don't have our own FagHag... you interest in the job??

How's Dubai guy?