Thursday, January 10, 2008

Kitty's Favourite Things - one

"Raindrops on roses,
and whiskers on kittens.
Bright copper kettles,
and warm woollen mittens..."

Yea it's a cute song, and it's from one of my all time favourite movies of all time, but well, they AREN'T really MY favourite things.

But I feel like, I should share some of those with you. (in this and future posts)

I'm going to start with one of my newest and most favourite things ever. I received it as a Christmas Gift from friends in Ottawa. Shawn and Warren. Now I don't see these guys often, in fact I've spent more time online chatting with them over the years than I've spent with them in person, but they're super sweet guys, and it's fun to hang with them when I can.

Shawn, (great name eh?) he knows of my Leopard Print fetish, and so when he found the following, he picked it up. Now, I don't think he thought I'd like it as much as I did, but well, sometimes it REALLY is the simple things in life...


Awwww yea... it's a faux leopard fur sleep mask.

Now let me just say this... My Man has a sleep mask that he wears when we're away and the room we sleep in is not that dark. We both love a dark room for sleeping... If the room is not dark, he NEEDS that mask, but me, I can manage without the mask... or so I thought!

When we got home the night I received the gift (Dec 31) I hung it on the headboard; more as a joke, but then... a night or so later I thought... what the hell, lets giver' and I put the mask on. Now at first I thought it was a coincidence, but that was one GREAT NIGHT'S SLEEP... I'm a tosser and a turner... and wake up frequently... but that night I swear, I slept right through, can only recall waking up the once and woke up in practically the same position as I fell asleep.

So I wore it the next night and the night after that, and you know what... every single night I've worn it I'd have incredibly restful sleep.

Not only is is incredibly comfortable, and OH so fashionable (heh) but it helps me have the most wonderful peaceful sleeps... and so that is why, this Faux Leopard Fur Sleep Mask is one of my favourite things.

And as I've been sick lately this has REALLY come in handy, especially today. I stayed home today (boss' orders) I went to the clinic, waited 2.5 hours to be told... "It's just a cold" to which I replied "Really? I doubt it, but you're the professional. My guess is I end up seeing another Dr in a day or so. Thanks." I've now been sick since Dec 27th, hacking and coughing each night... no muck or gunk, just lots of coughing and now a lot of congestion and sinus headache. OK YES I have a colud... but when is that last time YOU had a cold that started as over two weeks of a dry hacking cough and THEN congestion... ANYHOO... so as I was burnt out when I got back from the Dr's I took my 2nd nap of the day, helped by non other than my new magical mask!

So what's your most favourite thing right now?

No comments: