Saturday, June 20, 2009

Fucked up weather reporting

Is it just me?

Am I the only one who's more than tired by how phenomenally inaccurate the weather forecasting has become lately?! It seems to me that as technology increases, accuracy decreases.

I can remember a time, when you watched the evening news and there was a dumb buxom blonde chick, in a too tight opened down to there blouse gave the weather report on the evening news that aside from confirming at even that early age that I was indeed going to be a card carrying member of the gAy-Team that the accuracy of the report was in around the 90% range. And this in a time when she had to write the temperatures on the map AND draw cute icons of things such as Rain, Cloud, Sun, Snow, Wind, Fog etc.

How is it that 20-25 years ago they could give 5 to 7 day ADVANCED forecasts that actually happened. Sure they were sometimes off by a couple degrees in the temperature and occasionally the "flurries' were more 'accumulative snow', or the 'showers' were just 'rain'; but by and large what they "forecast" was the weather we got.

Nowadays, with all the satellite images, Doppler and "accu-check' weather forecasting; they cannot even give you a clear report into the next day, let-alone the following 12 hours.

Seriously what virgin sacrificing, voo-doo, satanic, black magic shit was the weather forecasting industry into back then that they can't be doing now?!

The ONLY accuracy we get these days is basically when they say Sunny, me and Didier know that means at the VERY LEAST it's gonna be over-cast and depending on the time of year it also includes rain or snow... or BOTH!... If they predict Rain or Snow, break out the sun screen.

I really want to know... is there some sort of global conspiracy going on? Are all the Weather reports just in on some big collective joke? I really would like to know...

In the mean time if I'm gonna be fucked over by the weather I choose this impressive 'warm front'...



I can't help it, I DO like me some 'extreme weather'...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA!
We were just talking about this. The weather reporters here were predicting rain for about two weeks! Never rained! Then after that they predicted really hot severe weather but it never got above 76 degrees for two weeks. I don't know why they bother honestly!

Mitzi said...

That's a whopper! Looks a bit like Sweaden.

Sean Newbury said...

...which might explain my facination with ABBA...

Lyndy said...

Where's my catnip? Actually I too have noticed the weather thing, 'tis weird.