Friday, June 22, 2007

The shortest 'long weekend'

WHAT-EV-UR!
Long weekend my ass!

It's a long weekend in Québec this weekend, Sunday is 'Fête National' dontcha know. But since it's on Sunday, Monday is the technical day off.... Monday practically everything is closed... 'practically everying' being the operative words. Where I work, we have clients in every other province... so we gotta be open.

So. I have to work on Monday. No big whoop really as I do get triple-pay, but the thing is... I'm actually working today, Friday, til 7 pm and I have to work at 7 AM on Monday morning. This means my 'long weekend' is EXACTLY 48 hours. Not a moment more, not a moment less.

Add insult to injury, I'm going to a wedding on Sunday that STARTS at 5 pm. FIVE P-M people... on Sunday! I love these guys to death, so I'll be going and staying til its all over... and I'll suffer on Monday morning when I haul ass outta bed at 5:45 am. It's been at least a decade since I went to work hung over, let alone tipsy... it should be interesting...

Let the weekend begin.... in 8 hours.

3 comments:

Maria said...

na na na na AND na na na NA!!
I say that in the nicest, most well meaning WAY! Only because YOUR ass had days off when the rest of us didn't!

So you are NOW paying for it BUDDY!

Have a blast on your 48 hours OFF! ENJOY THE WEDDING!! CAUSE YOU AIN'T GOING TO BE ENJOYING THE DAY AFTER THE WEDDING!

Sean Newbury said...

MEOW!

How's the foot doing? hehehe

Maria said...

The foot is still attached to the rest of my leg. Thank the Good Lord! Thank you for asking.

and double Meow!!