Saturday, May 12, 2007

Hip man, hip.

Misster Kitty is doing a happy dance, ladies and gentlemen. A hip, happy dance.

Some days, it just doesn't take much. Today all it took was a quick trip to HMV to pick up a special order.
---

I've been trying to track down a copy of 'Mecca for Moderns' by Manhattan Transfer for around 5 years... I had it on Cassette years ago, but that technology left my home years ago and so I've been Mecca-for-Modernsless. Until today.

I've got history in Cafes. I've worked in some and managed some as well. And it's music I used to listen to alot. And I missed it. Everytime I was in an HMV, MusicWorld or Archambeault I'd look for it, but no one ever seemed to carry it. Well the other week while looking yet again I asked why this one title never seemed to be on the shelves... and it seems it was discontinued. Well, that explains it. They asked if I'd like to order a copy, an import version. Usually when I hear the word 'import' what I really here is, EXPENSIVE, but I didn't care. I wanted it.

...and now, today... I've got it, and I've listened to it, and I'm gonna listen to it again and again.

What is it about this CD that I love? I think it's the harmony of 4 voices. 2 women, 2 men. In a similar way that I love the Mamas and the Papas (I knew Papa Denny, but that's a story for another time) There's just something magical about a 4 part harmony and I never get tired of it. And well, there's something 'hipster-dufus' about the Transfer...

...me likey. Me likey long time!

No comments: