Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Aug 24th and 25th

Well the 24th and 25th was all about getting there.


On Friday the 24th, we shoved off right after work. The destination was just to get to Québec City. Exactly 2 hours and 30 minutes, 250 kilometers later we were there. We met our friends Jeff and Stef, and their pooch Bilbo. We had a great dinner at Le 48. Then after we took a stroll through the Petit Champlain area of the city and called it a night.

We woke up to thick fog over the city. Was this a omen of our days to come on the East Coast???

After some last minute shopping at a Farmer's Market we were soon on the road.



12 hours and 20 minutes, 1027 kilometers later we arrived at my parents home. It was a slow casual drive... (I think you tend to drive slower when there's two or more in the car, because you have company, you have someone to talk to (other than yourself) You stop more often and in a more relaxed fashion. My last drive home to my parents was done solo and completed in just 11 hours and 45 minutes. This trip with the two of us was 14 hours 20 mins...)

We sat in the Kitchen with my Mom and Dad. Had a bite to eat, got caught up on the latest news, gave them a few gifts from La Belle Province: home-made sugar free jams, Fairmount Bagels (2 1/2 dozen) a bottle of Ice Wine, a bottle of Rose and 1/2 a brisket from Rubens, (nothing says I love you like a heaping pile of food and alcohol!) and then hit the hay.

2 comments:

Bruno Laliberté said...

man, you look grim when you drive...
:D~

Sean Newbury said...

Yea well, this was about 2 kms into my part of the drive. Last time I was behind the wheel was 2.5 years ago and I was not quite accustomed to the car yet. So yea I look like I was pinching an incredibly hard one, but whatcha gonna do?

By the end of the day I was mucho relaxed.