Thursday, September 6, 2007

Sept 2nd

Alas all good things must come to an end... and this was our last day on PEI. Morning really, as we intended to leave by 1 pm.

Didier and I took the opportunity of an morning low-tide to have one last walk down on the beach...





...where we were met by the only starfish to be found this season...






God I miss this place...


To give you an idea of the beauty of the beach... here is a 360 video I took... OK, it's ot the BEST quality again, but well I think you get the idea...


Back up to the cottage, and Mom and Dad returned from Charlottetown and Church. Didier and I served them Montréal's finest Smoked Meat (from Rubens) and then after some Apple Pie with Ice Cream (natch') it was time to say good buy...


I tell you I cried the 2 kilometers out to the highway. I hat leaving this place... I guess that's part of the reason I waited so long to go back... it's just so incredibly hard to leave...

---

On the road again... we traversed the Confederation Bridge once more, and cut across and up the Western edge of New Brunswick til we were back in La Belle Province again. We made our way to Rivière-du-Loup. We found a small hotel "Auberge Saint Patrice" and got a room, then headed 'downtown' for a bite to eat. We made it to "L'Estaminet"...


an incredibly terrific resto/tavern with, wait for it... 150 beer to choose from! I swear I died and went to heaven! IT's hard to pick a beer from a list 150 long so I copped out a bit and got my fav... Guinness extra Stout. After too much food (NO ice cream for Dessert... there simply was no room!) ...we headed back to the Inn and went to bed... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3 comments:

Bruno Laliberté said...

guiness 's also one of my favs...
:)~

Anonymous said...

To quote/paraphrase Milky: "150 bottles of beer on the wall, 150 bottles of beer..."

Bruno Laliberté said...

NGB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D~