Wednesday, September 26, 2007

twelve minus one equals eleven.

Well, we weren't really surprised here, were we?


Josie Maran and Alec Mazo are gone. A shame really, at least as far as Alec being gone... I could have coped with looking at him for a few more weeks. As for Stick Girl, well, god love ya, you can pull off green metallic eye-shadow; dancing on the other hand... that was just off.

But really there were quite a few that could have been #1 this season, #1 voted off that is. There's a lot of eligible men to be cast off ... all infact except for Helio.

Hopefully America gets it right this season and votes off all the dead wood at the beginning and allows those with more talent to make it worth watching each week, and keep my bitching down to a dull roar. :-) Yea... like that's gonna happen!

Now... can we talk about Dolly.

You know, god love her, I think she's fab, but HON-NEY we really need to talk about your choice in clothes... and wig, and lipstick! I know you once said "It's a good thing I was born a girl, otherwise I'd be a drag queen." sLook we know you're ARE a girl...as is made readily apparent by the Grand Tetons, so why do you need to tart up the face and the bod in makeup and clothing only a REAL Drag Queen can pull off?

Aww, who am I kidding I don't care, she was fab. Loved seeing her sing "9 to 5" and she's still writing a gazillion new songs and has a new album... Some might not consider her a true artist, and to those I'd say FU... she does have talent, as big as, well... you know where I'm going..

OK Let see what happens next week. I know I'll be tuning back in.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not into Dancing With People Who Wish They Were Stars, but Dolly is great.
I once heard her say that it takes a lot of money to look as cheap as she does. It's her schtick, and compared to some so-called celebrities (e.g. Paris, Nicole, Britney) she's a breath of fresh air. She's been around for 40 or more years, and thank goodness she's had that staying power. She also has the singing and songwriting talents to back that all up -- not to mention that in certain roles, she's a pretty decent actress, too.

Ma Horton said...

What time was the show on ? I missed Dolly because I was @yoga trying not to fart ...I thought it was on at 9pm but it wasn't . Oh well guess the figging Newton will be left to near the finale for entertainment value and ratings .

Sean Newbury said...

It was on 8pm - 9pm.

The Elimination episodes are generally rather boring... save for the invited guest.

Shame you missed Dolly, she's a crowd teaser, er I mean pleaser.! ;-)

I'm hopping the Figger doesn't last long...

Maria said...

I have never watched an episode of Dancing with the Stars.

Is it any good?

Sean Newbury said...

SHAME ON YOU!

WATCH!

XUP said...

Shame on me too because I've only ever seen bits of it in passing when I'm visiting my mum. She loves it because it features all the stars when she was a dewey-eyed young thing. Wait... she's 70-something now, so exactly how old ARE these so-called stars? And really, they should get a prize just for being ambulatory, nevermind dancing.

Sean Newbury said...

Well... this season we have Wayne Newton (65) Jane Seymore (56) and Marie Osmond (40-something) The rest are all whipper-snappers practically.

It's fun tow watch, judge. Pick you favourites and dog on the rest!