Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Walking for my Dad.

As I mentioned back on September 6th, I will be walking in honour of my father this year at the annual Light the Night Walk (Marche Illumine La Nuit) This is a walk at night around Ile Ste-Hélène, open to individuals, families, groups and companies to help raise funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada . All money raised fund its lifesaving research, patient information and support programs. (All monies raised in Canada will remain in Canada for research and patient services.)

Today, my father received the first of 8 chemotherapy treatments and, knock wood, all went well. It was a long arduous day. My parents left the house at 6:30 am to get to the hospital for 7 am and only arrived back home at 4:30pm There was extra work to do today, they went over then endless list of possible side effects, discussed the clinical trial and so on. For as tired as he was when I was speaking to him tonight, Dad sounded in very excellent spirits.

If you'd be interested in sponsoring me, you can do so online HERE. My goal is to raise $500.00. Anything you can give is most incredibly welcome, but that said, all I can really ask is what we've received already from so many of you, and that is your positive support, energy, kind thoughts and words, they in themselves already help so much. :-)

5 comments:

Maria said...

I am sure that must have been a very LOOOOOONG day for your folks but seeing as it will help him in the long run it will all be worth it.

Here's to hoping he goes through painless treatments and is fully recovered in no time.

Good Luck to you on your LIGHT THE NIGHT WALK I am sure this years walk will have additional meaning to you since your family has been directly affected. Any amount of money you raise will be much appreciated.

Sean Newbury said...

Yea, it's incredible... I participated in the Walk last year through work, as Bristol-Myers Squibb is a Major Sponsor... little did I know that one year later the reason for participating would be so personal, so close, so direct. That's life for ya.

Thanks for the donation Maria, I just checked my donation page. :-) VERY MUCH appreciated.

Maria said...

Life has a funny way of working out. Your dad will be just fine.
Its called GREEK INTUITION BABY! HEH!

By the way, your very welcome for the donation. Good Luck!

Maria said...

Ummmmmmmm did my donation delete itself??

Sean Newbury said...

LOL! no it's still there, but the list only shows the "Top Contributors" (after dollar amount, it is alphabetical.) Your Donation is still there globally and is indeed very much still appreciated!
:-)