Friday, April 20, 2007

Open your Mouth and say "Kelly Clarkson!"

SON OF A BITCH!
I've never experienced such pain in my life.

OK, so I'm back... with a pounding headache and feeling seriously light headed.

Here's the dillio:

1) I under-estimated my required return visits. There will be 5, yes, count 'em... FIVE. ...and I negotiated that down from SEVEN!!!

Why seven? because there was so much plaque / tarter UNDER my gums that it was incredibly difficult for him to remove, and white-knuckle grip painful for me. He therefore wanted to recommend the cleaning be done in 2 more visits. In my quasi-lucid state I slurred in no uncertain terms that WE were completing the cleaning today. He said "are you sure? because I can tell you're in a lot of pain...." to which I replied "It's going to hurt now, it's going to hurt next week. I'd much rather it only hurt this week." - which only further validates that I get off on the whole S+M thing...

And still 2 times he stopped and insisted we continue next week. BUT we DID finish the cleaning today...

2) In two weeks I go back for the polishing ...and hopefully by that time the gum swelling will have gone down! I swear I look like Andie McDowell right now.. ALL gums. 'cept mine are extra-super-doper-red.

And then when that is done....

3) ...we go on to appointments 3-6 all for Filling work. I actually only have 2 NEW cavities, which when you consider a dentist has not been near my chompers in 12-13 years, that's no so bad! I even impressed myself! But as well I think 5 prior fillings need to be replaced. 2 because there is fresh cavity under, 2 because they are loose and still one more because I swear I can pick up 'radio-free Europe' with it and I think it should just be brought up to something 'this century' And because this covers teeth in locations in all 4 quadrants (isn't that cute.. makes my mouth sound like a university campus) I have to go back separately for each quad.

and last but certainly not least...

4) Dr Raper is HAWT! I sooooooooooooooooooo do not mind that I'm going to be seeing a lot of him over the next 2 months! And when he instructs me to open wide, well lets just say I will gleefully comply.

4 comments:

Maria said...

The name Dr. Raper is already funny enough.

Sorry to hear about all the pain you experienced hope the swelling goes down and you can enjoy the weekend.

Sean Newbury said...

Thanks! I'll survive...

At the end of the day it's a damn good lesson on WHY we should go to the Dentist more than once every 12 or so years! lol

I've learned my lesson... but just in case I ever forget, I've now also got another reason to go... a big ole stack of Eye Candy named Dr Raper to look at...

...and even better still, if I drool while I'm looking, there's someone there to suction it off for me!

Ma Horton said...

I can tell Misster kitty is my kinda perv.

Sean Newbury said...

I does whats I can!